Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSVUtil - CSVINTO with Multiple-byte Field Delimiter

Hi all,

I convinced a colleague to use Scott Kement’s CSVLIB, specifically data-into with CSVINTO, to make his life easier.

The problem is that our customer’s source data is UTF-8 and unfortunately uses a field delimiter that is three bytes (‡).
    Our version of CSVLIB seems to support only one-byte delimiters—flddel is char(1).

The likelihood is probably low, but before we try to do it ourselves I want to ask if there is a way to use multibyte delimiters we overlooked or maybe someone already enhanced CSVLIB accordingly?

Thank you

Scott has a forum dedicated to this utility (although it has only recently opened and has but one thread) you can find it here: https://www.scottklement.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=8 Probably a much better spot to pose the question.

I have not personally had a need to do this and don't have time to study the source right now but I would suggest you study not the code of CSVINTO specifically but rather the underlying routines that it uses - that's going to be where the action is.

Comment

All you have to do is to change the ifs files CCSID to 1208 ( UTF-8 ).

When the file is read conversion to EBCDIC is handled automatically.
      When receiving the file the CCSID is set default to 1252 ( Windows )

CHGATR OBJ('/tmp/myfile.csv') ATR(*CCSID) VALUE(1208)

Comment

Working...
      X