Built Library List from a JOBD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built Library List from a JOBD

Hello and thank you in advance for your help.
    I have to build a library list from a JOBD that is passed to me as parameters. Is this possible and if so how I will be able to read the JOBD libraries in a program (CL,RPG,RPGLE)
    Regards​

The simplest thing would be to submit a job using the jobdescribtion ( SBMJOB JOBD(MYJOBD) INLLIBL(*JOBD) )
    then retrieve the user library list (RTVJOBA)

Comment

You can use the SQL View JOB_DESCRIPTION_INFO to get the LIBL from a JOBD.

Comment

But JOB_DESCRIPTION_INFO just returns the value in the job description - for example *SYSVAL
        The other way around the operating system will give you the user library list

Comment

Peder brings up the case where a job description could have *SYSVAL for the initial library list, however if you wanted to avoid submitting a seperate job you could check if the library list value was *SYSVAL from the JOB_DESCRIPTION_INFO​ view and if so, use the SYSTEM_VALUE_INFO view to retrieve the library list from the QUSRLIBL system value.

Comment

If you just want to set the library list of the current job using a passed-in JOBD, then you can use QCMDEXC to execute command 'RPLLIBL JOBD(' + qualifiedJobDName + ')'

If you want to read through the libraries in your program then as others have said you can use SQL Views JOB_DESCRIPTION_INFO and SYSTEM_VALUE_INFO

Comment

I can't find anything about the RPLLIBL command.

Comment

I'm so sorry, I forgot that was a custom command of ours.

You can also do command 'CHGLIBL LIBL(' + Library_List + ')' where Library_List is the column from JOB_DESCRIPTION_INFO or SYSTEM_VALUE_INFO

Comment

• Vectorspace
                  Vectorspace commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Note that SYSTEM_VALUE_INFO libl does not have spaces between library names, so 10 char length libraries will break it, so you may need to transform it first

Thank you all for your answers, I will study all this. Cordially

Comment

Working...
                X