Visual Studio Code RPG Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Studio Code RPG Question

I've just recently started really using VS Code on the IBMi for RPGLE, RPGFree, CL, etc. I cannot seem to find the setting for it to update the source code line change date. We rely heavily on this. I know I must be missing something simple.

Any help?

I found it!

Bottom of screen on the left has a like "Settings <You IBMi Server Name>". Click that and then the "Source Code" tab. There is an "Enable Source Dates" checkbox. Select it and then click "Save settings". You would then need to restart VS Code for the changes to take effect.

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up.

Comment

I wish I had known this. A few days ago I modified a COBOL program for a customer, not knowing that the change dates would not be preserved. He told me that he had to have the change dates. I ended up pulling fresh source and making the changes with SEU. (Fortunately, it didn't take long.)

I am not terribly impressed with VS Code -- maybe I'm too used to RDi, maybe I just don't know how to use VS Code yet. I'm looking at MiWorkplace now. I have to have something other than SEU and RDi for this customer.

I would very much like to hear and greatly appreciate any thoughts or recommendations.

Ted

Comment

Working...
        X