Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling Different Service Program Versions across Companies on IBM i AS400

Hello everyone,

I am an IBM i AS400 developer working on a project where I need to handle different versions of a service program for different companies. Each company is linked to a specific library (SOCIETYXX, with XX being the company code).

In each of these libraries, I would like to use service programs and bind directories. Here's my dilemma: When a module in the service program for company AA gets updated, while the same module for company AB remains on the previous version, how can I handle this scenario?

Moreover, I'd like to keep the source code of the program unique for all companies. This means I would like to avoid changing the program's source code based on the company. The main challenge is to compile the program only once for all companies and to ensure the program is linked with the bind directory based on the company (or library in the library list) at runtime.

From my understanding, the bind directory is resolved during compilation and not dynamically at runtime, making this scenario quite challenging.

I would appreciate any insights or recommendations to achieve this setup.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Typically, you'd use the *LIBL to locate programs, service programs, etc. This includes when you use ADDBNDDIRE to create the binding directory -- refer to the service program in *LIBL, not a specific library name.

Then just change the library list to switch companies.

If you've already activated objects from one company, and would prefer not to sign off to switch companies, make sure you reclaim the activation groups before changing the library list.

Comment

Working...
    X