Convert iAccess SQL Script to a program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert iAccess SQL Script to a program

We have audit journaling turned on and recently encountered an issue with an error writing to the log. The message stopped all DB operations until it was answered.
    We purged our journal receivers using a SQL script provided by IBM. They suggested we run this periodically so I wanted to create a program which could be scheduled. I was wondering if there was any tool to convert the SQL Script to a program.

I'm not great at this kind of thing, but I have a BA who is constantly wanting Functions/Procedures so he can more easily get data from the iSeries into third-party apps (so it will be pretty!). Would a Function or Procedure help here? Of course, we have Rocket DevOps so a lot of the details about compiling and implementing is done for me.

Comment

Convert what ? Just run the SQL inside a program.

Also, I don't understand the original problem, but purging journal receivers seems like attacking the symptom, not the cause.

Comment

As per MFIsher, it would be interesting to know what the original problem was. It could open a host of other questions. For instance, do you do regular cleanups of your journals or do they sit around on the system consuming ever more space?

Comment

Working...
        X