Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Use VB macro in excel 2007 to Iseries

Code:
    Cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * from lib[COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="6"].[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]file "
    Use dot instead of slash between lib and file to qualify. You must use the *SQL naming not the *SYS naming when running VBA.
    Philippe

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
      Code:
      Cmd.CommandText = "SELECT * from lib[COLOR="red"][B][SIZE="6"].[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]file "
      Use dot instead of slash between lib and file to qualify. You must use the *SQL naming not the *SYS naming when running VBA.
      Yeah, what he said.
      "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

HI Mercury and littlepd

Thank you so much, It works fine,

Btw, Does any one has the thread has more complicate sql statement, I just want to study.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
          Have you created a worksheet named "Download" in the Excel file or folder like I said in my latter post ?

See attached thumbnails.
          Hi Mercury and All

Now I can do alot of reports from VB marco follow your instruction
          However, I have 2 point need your help :

1. If I run report i want the program automatic open excel application with the new workbook , then program write data in here ,
          User can save this file if they want.
          2. From the excel file I want to call VB form to re-run report , do not want to reopen again excel file, because in current i set automatic call form if i open excel file .

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
          FrmMaster.Show

End Sub

Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

Not sure to understand. Can you pls clarify ?
            Philippe

Comment

I've never had an occasion where I needed to open a workbook from a program executing on i, so I can't help you with that one. However, I can help you with re-running you VBA macro.

The answer depends on which version of Excel you're running. Anything "pre-ribbon" (before Excel 2007) you should have a menu option (either "Tools" or "Data", I cant' remember) that drops down to reveal a Macros sub-menu. On the sub-menu, there is an option to display a list of existing macros. Find the one you want and double-click it.

If you're using a "ribbonized" excel, click the "View" tab on the ribbon. you should see a big button on the right labeled "Macros". Click it. It opens up the same list box with all your macros in it. Double-click the one you want to run.

If you want a short cut, you can add a button onto your worksheet and assign the macro in question to your button.
              "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Hi Merry

I will post this theard to excel forum , just is excel technical ,

Thank you so much for your help, Thanks for this room also

Comment

Working...
                X