Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

when i am running STRSQL to get records counts on our system, i noticed that the SQL running time with PFs is much shorter than LFs. This puzzles
    me a lot. Could any of the experts help me to answer this question, thanks in advance.

waiting online

Xo

Re: Need help

(Unless I'm mistaken) You should never use a LF in a FROM clause of a SELECT, expect if the LF is a SQL View.
    Jean-Michel

Comment

IIRC: If you use an LF, this forces CQE usage instead the (more likely) usage of the much faster SQE.
      Regards

Kit
      http://www.ecofitonline.com
      DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Originally posted by kitvb1 View Post
        IIRC: If you use an LF, this forces CQE usage instead the (more likely) usage of the much faster SQE.
        you recall correctly...and as Jean-Michel pointed out you should never reference a LF directly in SQL (plus what if someone deletes the LF from the PF???) with a DDS LF (which this has to be since you can't specify an SQL index on a select statement) the CQE will always be used.)
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Originally posted by tomholden View Post
          you recall correctly...and as Jean-Michel pointed out you should never reference a LF directly in SQL (plus what if someone deletes the LF from the PF???) with a DDS LF (which this has to be since you can't specify an SQL index on a select statement) the CQE will always be used.)
          It's not any more the case in 7.1, SQE is now used !
          Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by K2r400 View Post
            It's not any more the case in 7.1, SQE is now used !
            well i would imagine not many of us are on v7.1 but i just got the media today...now to get time to load on our test box. still IMO it's a very bad idea/habit...
            I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

cheers mates, i ve got what i wanted to know based on your comments. thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X