Trials and Tribulations of Customer Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials and Tribulations of Customer Support

(This is from a friend of mine that lives in Georgia ... he shared this cus he knew we as Computer Geeks could relate -- Rick)

================================================

To: Jay Anderson
    Subject: Office & Project set up on my computer

Hi Jay,
    Can you set up the new Office and Project on my MAC this week?

Jennifer would like me to start using Project for an event I am planning. I am unable to do this until it gets uploaded to my MAC. Please advise.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kelly Gathers

To: Kelly
    Subject: Re: Office & Project set up on my computer

Get the installation disk from Zak

Ok, I can?t upload it until Office is on my computer. Did that arrive yet?

Subject: Office & Project set up on my computer

You can't upload? Just install it from the installation disk. Zak has the disk.

Did that arrive yet?

Yes, Zak has the disk. Here?s what you?ll do.

1. To ?upload? the disk, you?ll need to use the SneakerNet to connect to Zak?s cubicle. If the SneakerNet fails to connect you to Zak?s cubicle, I?ve heard there?s a HeelsNet that will work just as well.
    2. Once connected to Zak?s desk, use the ?please? command to obtain the disk.
    3. If this doesn?t work, execute a ?sneak? get command to obtain the disk.
    4. Traverse the SneakerNet back to your cubicle.
    5. At this point, you?ll need to engage the digit control mechanism at the end of one of your arms to manipulate the disk in such a fashion that it is inserted into the disk drive slot on the side of your laptop.
    6. Should this fail, you?ll need to use the search utility to find the digit control mechanism, arm, laptop, or disk drive slot.
    7. Once the disk is warm and fuzzy inside the disk drive of your laptop, you should notice a change in the pixel configuration on your screen. Pixels like to party and drink a lot, but Apple has done some neat things to whip them into shape. Eventually they?ll behave and form words on your screen. Those words will be instructions on how to complete the installation process.
    8. Follow the installation process the pixels recommend. Be careful though, those pixels can sometimes be humorless and you may end up looking at things like email or marketing materials.

Note: Author not responsible for rogue pixels lining themselves up on your computer screen in some attempt at humor. You just never know what Apple pixels will do.
Working...
X