ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Jamie, Arent You Glad You Didnt Take The Bank of America Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Jamie, Arent You Glad You Didnt Take The Bank of America Job?

Cause your life would be a living hell right now.
    Michael Catalani
    IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
    Acceptance Insurance Corporation
    www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
    www.ProvatoSys.com

Re: Hey Jamie, Arent You Glad You Didnt Take The Bank of America Job?

Yes -- I am. What a gigantic mess!
    I dont want to go back to when I was a child...but the 80's dont look too bad at this point.

jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

The only thing that makes this whole mess bearable is the fact that inflation is still in check. If inflation starts raising its ugly head... watch out... but if we can climb back out of this mess while avoiding it... we just might be ok... but it looks like even the Fed isn't expecting any grand recovery through 2012 with their promise to keep the fed interest rate at next to zero into 2013.

If you though 2011 was bumpy... just wait and see what 2012 looks like if Greece defaults and/or we begin to ACTUALLY recover by seeing ACTUAL job creation... ohhh yes.... these days in which we are living will be talked about for generations...
      Your future President
      Bryce

---------------------------------------------
      http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

Originally posted by bryce4president View Post
        The only thing that makes this whole mess bearable is the fact that inflation is still in check. If inflation starts raising its ugly head... watch out... but if we can climb back out of this mess while avoiding it... we just might be ok... but it looks like even the Fed isn't expecting any grand recovery through 2012 with their promise to keep the fed interest rate at next to zero into 2013.

If you though 2011 was bumpy... just wait and see what 2012 looks like if Greece defaults and/or we begin to ACTUALLY recover by seeing ACTUAL job creation... ohhh yes.... these days in which we are living will be talked about for generations...
        Well, that's actually a different living hell than I was referring to, but yea they have problems there too.
        Michael Catalani
        www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Yeah... sorry... got off the rails a bit there... I'm guessing you were referring to their weekend site issues?
          Your future President
          Bryce

Comment

Yeah... sorry... got off the rails a bit there... I'm guessing you were referring to their weekend site issues?
            Yea, and its been more than a week now. I use their online banking, and the transfer function has been down since the previous weekend. Ever since about Thursday/Friday, the entire site has been down. And is still down.
            Michael Catalani
            www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelCatalani View Post
              Yea, and its been more than a week now. I use their online banking, and the transfer function has been down since the previous weekend. Ever since about Thursday/Friday, the entire site has been down. And is still down.
              Did they migrate from iSeries to unix or something ?
              Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Nope....They are doing exactly what other large companies are doing...
                Laying off "hundreds" of knowledgeable perm employees and replacing them with contractors.

It takes time to come up to speed in a GIGANTIC environment like a bank...
                Information becomes silo..ed with select individuals. They become the central goto
                person, become frustrated and leave. The cycle starts again....

Maybe no one left with knowledge to fix their website problems!

Very difficult to keep talent... I'm just saying
                All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
                and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Well lets hope they fix it in the next 10 days... I pay my credit card bill online.... I don't even get a paper bill, so... I guess I'd have to call and pay it over the phone.... man, what is this? 1998?
                  Your future President
                  Bryce

Comment

Well lets hope they fix it in the next 10 days... I pay my credit card bill online.... I don't even get a paper bill, so... I guess I'd have to call and pay it over the phone.... man, what is this? 1998?
                    Yea, I'm doing the same thing. Because the transfer system has been down for about 2 weeks, I had to take time out and go to the bank to transfer money from my business accounts to my personal accounts last Thursday. On Friday, I get onto the site to do my normal online bill pay, and the whole damned thing is down.

According to the bank, only a few people are having trouble. And those who cant get in should keep trying. I;ve been trying for about 5 days straight. I'm so glad we are living under Dodd / Frank and Sarbanes-Oxley, so that we wont ever have issues like these.
                    Michael Catalani
                    www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Working...
                    X