Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon!!!!!

SO let me understand...

To get a new phone, I must sign a new 2 year contract on an already built network and get charge as if I were personally
    funding it...

and on top I get a $30 upgrade fee... WTF???

UPGRADE FEE$30.00
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Re: Verizon!!!!!

And that, is exactly why I do the Walmart Straight Talk smartphone. Verizon has me on FIOS, I'll admit... but that's all they're ever going to get me for....

Comment

What are the tariffs over there? Here in germany you can get "flatrates" starting from EUR 10,-- a month (with a lot of hidden restrictions like free 100MB download, after that speed limit to 64kBit/sec, or limited phone flat to a single net etc). The upper limit are flatrates from Deutsche Telekom for EUR 120,-- a month. All included, the only thing you need to pay is some weird things like speaking clock in tokyo

-h

Comment

No clue, I don't even see a bill. I have the unlimited data/phone/text (no international stuff) for $50 a month... it's like 10 more for international. I got away from all that when I signed up for a land line and instead of the 35 dollars a month like the company had advertised, it ended up being closer to 50 (taxes and all that junk included). I really can't say anything bad about the plan, dollar for dollar it's the best plan I've ever had.

Comment

My phone bill for me and the two kiddo's is close to $200.00

Jamie
          All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
          and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

@Jamie... I just quit Vodafone here. A 2-year contract including landline and DSL (1000), no phone, no upgrade phone, handy (Cellphone) rate charges of about 0.44€/minute. Before even making a call, the handy contract was costing me €10.25/month. I only get/make about 2-3 calls/month (it took me 2 weeks to notice that my contract had run out ). With the landline and DSL contract before any calls, the lot was costing me about €44/month. But Vodafone's QoS is totally rubbish... on numerous occasions, if you phone a known number that has definitely not changed (e.g. Companies House, UK, brother in SA) you get an "Unknown number" message from Vodafone in Germany. Vodafone also blocks the low-cost telephone numbers that can be used to call internationally (hence just 2 months bills from last year were €573 and €537). Also, living in a small village in the middle of nowhere, Telekom upgraded the DSL here from 2k to 16k recently and have the right to deny access to competitors for 2 years to the new technology.

@Holger... The contracts are so complicated and with the variety of options (more choices than in a women's shoe shop ), I ended up just going to Congstar for 3 SIM cards, no contract fees, and low call charge (and they allow call divert, unlike Simyo and most of the others).

Edit: Interesting that vBulletin(?) put in a link to Vodafone on Amazon automatically.
            Last edited by kitvb1; September 20, 2012, 01:19 AM.
            Regards

Kit
            http://www.ecofitonline.com
            DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Clark Howard, local personal finance guru, here in Atlanta also suggested the Wal-mart plan that ARobb73 on. When my contract with Verizion is up that is where I will be getting service.

Comment

Working...
              X