Mooning ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooning ...

Not horriffic as a first attempt, Some chromatic aberrations and a bit fuzzy, need to tweak the settings to try and fix them.

Adobe Lightroom may yet be required
    Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Re: Mooning ...

Nice. Any info on equipment? (I'd ask "Which cheek?" But it'd be too easy.)

Tom
    Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

I'm using a Canon EOS 450D, with a 250 zoom lens. Entry level kit really, need to spend hours experimenting.
      problem is often you need to see it on the PC before you can see what it really looks like, it's not an instant hobby.

Comment

www.dpreview.com is one of the best sites for reviews and stuff, it has scads of data online.

Comment

Entry-level items are my first choice when trying things out. I often assume that I'm getting a throw-away that I can use long enough to get a feel for what I really want. Sometimes I lose interest and don't go farther; sometimes I get a higher level item and keep the first as backup; sometimes someone gets a hand-me-down.

I have some varied minor optics, a basic small/cheap telescope, celestial binoculars, a couple other binoculars, an entry-level Canon camera. Haven't quite decided to make a jump into any celestial photography. Seeing how others jump in, and their initial results, always prods me start thinking seriously again.

Tom
          Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Post up some sunset shots then Tom ...

Comment

I rarely see actual "sunsets" here. This is a west-facing view from up by my parking pad looking down towards my 'back yard'Click image for larger version

Name:	DrivewayW_Aug11_08.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	126679
              Looking out the west wall from inside is about like this:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	BackWallW_aug11_14.jpg
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	126680
              Both of those are from about 12 years ago, and the younger trees are quite a bit taller now. Sunsets don't show much. The only real sky view is looking up, either from one of the decks or through skylight windows (and some tree branches are partly in the way through those). We're forest dwellers and plenty happy seeing trees in every direction.

But I spend a lot of time at night looking at whatever is seen in the openings directly over head. Biggest irritation is that really good cloudless views in fall or winter happen when it's also freezing outside. Second biggest irritation is night overcast.

Hmmm... maybe I should think "radio telescope"...?

Tom
              Tom

Comment

Nice shot.....hope to see best pictures posted by you

Comment

Looks like a great deck Tom - BBQ at yours!

Comment

And then I suppose you'd disappear down to the lower deck?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	DownToTheTub_Aug11_17.JPG
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	126681
                    Actually, none of the decks are used here much except by our cats. When I'm outside, I tend to be off in the forest. More work than I can keep up with out there.

But the mid-level deck is a great place to eat breakfast on sunny June mornings, I'll admit that. Oh, and it's also great for afternoon Seahawks games, as long as the weather holds!

Tom
                    Last edited by tomliotta; June 30, 2013, 06:25 AM. Reason: Added thought...
                    Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X