ibmi-brunch-learn

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who ever is NOT using Quantum DB for SQL in RPD is a .................. ER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who ever is NOT using Quantum DB for SQL in RPD is a .................. ER!

What a fantastic tool!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Noname.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	127898
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Re: who ever is NOT using Quantum DB for SQL in RPD is a .................. ER!

Hmm, I kinda know what you're saying but..
    it doesn't replace IBM's Run SQL scripts yet for me, two reasons why.
    1. I would miss the ability to run CL commands mixed in with my SQL.
    2. It doesn't save your session or even prompt to save so all that thought is gone when you close your window.
    Other than than it gets a big thumbs up from me
    the smoking gnu

Comment

I ended up with some free copies of the Surveyor/400 by Linoma. That's a pretty slick app as well. I truly like the Fast Path table access. The Custom Command function is pretty slick as well.

Might want to give that a try if you get a chance. The Free copy came with our purchase of the GoAnywhere Gateway/Services/Director Products for Communication. (A VERY nice programmable communication package)

Comment

i don't need any steenking plugins!!! i generally have like 2-3 5250 session open along with RDp so i use STRSQL a LOT. plus if i need to drop the SQL into my source code i don't have to worry about repositioning the lines in the statement just key in EXEC SQL and add a semi-colon at the end of the statement...but as always it's a preference debate. whatever makes you more productive is the best for you. my preference is the venerable STRSQL on the "green screen"
        I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

you can modify quantum to save previous runs..mine is set to 10,000 at current

This is a great tool, give it a try , it tiles results, it gives export option -- lists the fields.
          I can have 1000 sql's on the workspace at a time then highlight just one and run that sql

Click image for larger version

Name:	Noname.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	126507
          All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
          and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

I just use what's already in RDP. Used Quantum for a time but had troubles with it after an upgrade. My fault I'm sure but by the time I cleaned it up had been using STRSQL. Some time later I looked again at the built in functionality and does basically the same thing without plugging anything else in
            Jack W. Long Jr.
            HICI

Comment

I also use Linoma Surveyor and really like it. Have not tried Quantum though.

Comment

Working...
              X