Comments in CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments in CL

Is there a way to stop Websphere from moving my comments to the right side of my command.

I want:

/*C05*/ CHKOBJ(MSHULL/TSTFILE) OBJTYPE(*FILE)

But when I hit enter on that it gives me:

Chkobj(MSHULL/TSTFILE) OBJTYPE)*FILE) /*C05*/

Thanks in advance!

Re: Comments in CL

You can turn off automatic formatting, but if you prompt the line it'll go ahead and move the comment.

Comment

Re: Comments in CL

Yeah, I agree with jtaylor -- if you turn off automatic formatting, this should work similarly to what you're used to in SEU. This is done under Window / Preferences / Remote Systems / Remote Systems LPEX / IBM i Parsers / CL. (at least, that's the path in the version of RDi I'm using, since you refer to it as "websphere" it's probably an older version, but I don't think this path has changed.)

Also, FWIW, usually when people refer to "websphere" by itself, they mean "Websphere Application Server" (a web server for running Java EE Applications), that's the sort of "main" Websphere product. The editor tool for IBM i products would be referred to as WDSC if you're still using 7.0 or older, or RDi if you're using a newer version (It's no longer even made by the Websphere division of IBM, it's now made by Rational instead.) No big deal here, since I knew what you meant from context, but in other circumstances it might be confusing if you called it "websphere".

Comment

Working...
      X