RDI -- No monitor option available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDI -- No monitor option available

I am debugging a CLLE program using RDI debugger. I set a service entry point and then started the job in batch. I have set a break point that I am waiting for it to get to. I want to see what is in one of the variables before the job gets to the break point, but when I double click and then right click on the variable, there is no option to Monitor Expression as indicated in the documentation I have (which is outdated, I am on rel 9.5 and the documentation is for v7.5). If I pause the job and then double click and then right click on the variable, the monitor expression option is there.

So, my question is do I have to pause the job or wait for a break point to see what the value of a variable is or do I need to do this a different way

Re: RDI -- No monitor option available

If I am understanding you correctly you want to watch a variable while the job is running and not stopped at a statement in your debug session?

I don't think it works like that but what I would normally do is set the break point above the statement where you want to see the variable value, then you can see the variable value and step to the statement you want. Or set two break points, one where the variable last changes, you can then see the before value and then you can just hit continue and let it run down to your second break point.

Comment

Re: RDI -- No monitor option available

Originally posted by jj_dahlheimer View Post
      If I am understanding you correctly you want to watch a variable while the job is running and not stopped at a statement in your debug session?

I don't think it works like that but what I would normally do is set the break point above the statement where you want to see the variable value, then you can see the variable value and step to the statement you want. Or set two break points, one where the variable last changes, you can then see the before value and then you can just hit continue and let it run down to your second break point.
      I see your point. My thinking was thus: My CL program, PGM-A is executing line 50.00 which is a call to RPG PGM-B. PGM-B runs for a while, so as long as PGM-A is still executing line 50.00, I should be able to see what is in variable X. maybe not though.

Comment

Working...
      X