Perspective automatic save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perspective automatic save

Does Rdi automatically save the current Perspective you are in when you open a new Perspective or exit Rdi? If so, how to turn it off? I am constantly frustrated by items disappearing off of toolbars after I get the ones on there I want and new ones that I never use or care about appearing on the toolbar out of the clear blue.

Any suggestions?

I'd guess that RDi saves your perspective configurations on exit. I won't even guess if it does it on a perspective change.

I don't follow what your issue is. If you have your perspectives configured the way you want, what's the harm in saving that configuration?

Comment

Here is what happens. I have certain VIEWS, I like to use, e.g. BREAK POINTS, SE POINTS, MONITORS, OUTLINE, etc. I like to have them in icon form on the tool bar on the right side of the screen, so I don't have to go to the menu WINDOW | SHOW VIEW | BREAKPOINTS, etc. to access the view I want. So how do I get the tool bar the way I want it with the icons I want on it? Then I can save the perspective as a custom perspective with the tool bar the way I want it. It appears that perspectives are saved upon exiting Rdi. I would like to turn that off and only save perspectives manually

Comment

I don't ever save my perspectives and they operate exactly as you describe. My RSE perspective keeps all my views docked where I put them, and the same for the Debug perspective. The views all persist thru RDi restart.

Comment

Working...
        X