Call an iSeries program to set libl? Strange behaviour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call an iSeries program to set libl? Strange behaviour

So with RDi, in Remote Systems Explorer --> [ServerName] --> Properties --> Subsystems, you can specify an initial command to be run on the iSeries when RDi connects to the system. I have always used this to call a CL program that does a bunch of ADDLIBLE's to set my libl. It's the same program I use to set the libl in my green screen sessions.

And for years, this worked. Then a couple of years ago, it stopped working. Although the command would be run, and the Commands log pane would show all the libraries being added, RDi would still have the default library list. if I manually rerun the command from the Commands log pane, then it would work.

Some additional fiddling, and I find out that for some reason, the job that RDi is using to run the initialisation command, ends the instant the command is completed.
    When I rerun the command from the Commands log pane a new job is started, and this one remains active for future requests.

However, it is a bit more complicated than that. If I had the library list open in Remote Systems Explorer when I last closed RDi, so it will auto open when I next run RDi, then the job does not end and the library list is correct.

So what I think is happening, is that when RDi starts an iSeries job to perform tasks, the job will end unless certain tasks are performed by that job. Displaying the library list or running a manual command do count and so the job stays running for future re-use. The initialisation command does not count so if this is the only requested task, the job ends.

Is this maybe a bug in RDi? Is there a workaround or some setting that will make this work? I am on RDi 9.6.0.4 and i7.2
Working...
X