Installing updates with IBM Installation Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing updates with IBM Installation Manager

If an RDi update sis manually dowenloaded from the internet and stored on a network drive, can IBM Installation Manager be instructed to pick the update up from there as opposed to downloading it from the internet?

I work for a financial company and as a result we have extremely strict rules regarding installing software on our work computers. Namely that we don't. So I can't work this out myself. (Us getting RDi updates requires someone raising a request, then a lengthly approval process, and then desktop support taker ages to work out how to package and deploy it via SCCM, so we don't get them frequently)

Yes you can - I think.

If they download and unpack the zip-files on a network drive then you can make a change in IBM Installation Manager
    in files - settings - storage ( I think they are called so in english -- my Installation manager is in my native language )

Click image for larger version  Name:	file_settings_storage .jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.4 KB ID:	156863

In the example you can see my data for the latest update to 9.6.0.11 and the fix for the vulnerability I announced some time ago.

I downloaded the zip file to c:\temp and unzipped it there.
    I think you can do the same and reference the network drive instead of c:\temp.

You should be aware that the files are very big and it will take a long time accessing them via your network.

So if you are permitted to download the zip file from the network drive to a local drive on your PC this might be the solution.
    Then you only need to raise a request to have the update downloaded.
    Last edited by Peder Udesen; January 25, 2022, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X