Grouping source members together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grouping source members together

I am getting ready to embark on a log term project that involves modifying a lot of source members. Is there some way to group them together in a project or something in Rdi without moving them to another source file or library. Our change control software requires that source members be in the standard source files (qrpglesrc, qcllesrc, etc.) but I want to be able to differentiate them from other source members not inn this project.

I assume you are creating a copy of the source from the source library into a development library.

Then in RDI you can create a member filter for each of your projects.
    In the Remote Systems window right click on Objects, select New and then Member filter.
    Then you enter Library, File and Member filter. Click Next and enter the Member filter name of your choice.
    For the file name you can enter Q* instead of QRPGLESRC, QCLLESRC, QDDSSRC etc.

After creating it you can right click on it and select Change.
    Then you can add more sources or modify the filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Peder Udesen View Post
      I assume you are creating a copy of the source from the source library into a development library.
      Yes.

Then in RDI you can create a member filter for each of your projects.
      In the Remote Systems window right click on Objects, select New and then Member filter.
      Then you enter Library, File and Member filter. Click Next and enter the Member filter name of your choice.
      For the file name you can enter Q* instead of QRPGLESRC, QCLLESRC, QDDSSRC etc.
      Won't this cause ALL of the members in MYLIB/QRPGLESRC to appear in the filter? I only want the ones pertaining to this project to appear in the new filter I just created. I have some other source members in MYLIB/QRPGLESRC that are not part of this project

Comment

Then you enter Library, File and Member filter
        You can use generic file and member names like the example

Click image for larger version

Name:	memberFilter.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	158619

Comment

Working...
        X