WDSC v7 fixpack problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WDSC v7 fixpack problem

I updated WDSC with the lastest fixpack. Now when using RSE, the editor works
    fine, but attempting to run any command under "User Actions" I get "An
    Unexpected Exception has occurred".

java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException

at
    com.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.uda.SystemUDActionS ubsystem.doCommandSubstitutio
    ns(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.uda.SystemUDActionS ubsystem.run
    (Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.uda.SystemUDAsBaseA ction.run(Unknown
    Source)

at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Unkno wn Source)

at
    org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.ha ndleWidgetSelection(Unknown
    Source)

Re: WDSC v7 fixpack problem

Yeah, I made the mistake of upgrading as well. I should have went out and read the docs first. I don't mind the fact that they upgraded to java 1.5 but that kinda threw a couple wrenches in my stuff. And the IDE has a tendency to lose some of my web.xml code. Some parts of it just disappeared. I was pretty pissed.

Lets just say that the last week since the upgrade hasn't been fun for me especially since I'm polishing a program for production... its set me back time wise... not good.
    Your future President
    Bryce

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

Here's and interesting item I found after digging thru IBM support:
      D'uh - Its a 7.0.0.6 problem that will be fixed after 7.0.0.4 ???

SE32901: RSEG1003U RUNNING RDI 7.1 / WDSC 7.0.0.6 USER ACTIONS
      APAR status
      Closed as program error.

Error description Running a User Action on an object or member in the RSE treeview fails with the error dialog RSEG1003U.Datails say: Java null pointer incom.ibm.etools.systems.core.ui.uda.SystemUDActio nSubsystem.doCommandSubstitutionsThe user-defined action is not run.Local fix Problem summary ************************************************** *************** USERS AFFECTED: Users who try to invoke User Actions in ** the Remote System Explorer tree view. ************************************************** **************** PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: Trying to run a User Action ** (from the context menu of an item in ** the RSE tree view) results in error ** RSEG1003U and the action is not run. ** ************************************************** **************** RECOMMENDATION: ** ************************************************** ***************User actions for some subsystem types will not work.Problem conclusion The problem will be fixed in the next update after RDi 7.1.0.1and WDSC 7.0.0.4

Comment

Ummm... if we are on 7.0.0.6 how is 7.0.0.4 going to help.... isn't that already in the past??? They must have cut back on coffee consumption or something...
        Your future President
        Bryce

Comment

Good news! IBM just released iFix001 to fix this problem.

Comment

I have updated with the new iFix001 and it has corrected my problem.
            Bryce, this may help with your issues as well.

Comment

I updated this morning. We'll see if it did anything the next time I try to do any java programming, which might be a little bit now that I deployed the "final" version of my latest app
              Your future President
              Bryce

Comment

Working...
              X