Edit Library List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit Library List?

How do you edit your library list in WDSC. I'm running 7.0.

Re: Edit Library List?

Go to the RSE, and under the iSeries Objects list you should see one that says Library list. If you right click on it you can do a couple of things... You can Add a library to the list, you can change the current library, and if you right click on the individual libraries you can delete, move up, or move down on the list itself.

Have fun playing
    Your future President
    Bryce

---------------------------------------------
    http://www.bravobryce.com

Comment

When I right click on some individual libraries in the library list, I can't move them up or down. I was just wondering if this was normal or not. Do you know why a certain library wouldn't be movable? I can move most of them. Some, I can only move up, and others, I can only move down.

Comment

The library list is made up of a System section and a User section. I'm pretty sure that you can't move the system section from there, just the user section. Things like QSYS, or QSYS2 probably can't be moved. But stuff below QUSRSYS probably can.

Anyone else able to shed more light on it?
        Your future President
        Bryce

Comment

you can't move public connected filters below private connected filters. to see what the settings are you can right-click on the filter and select properties, you'll see a dialog box similar to the one attached.
          Attached Files
          I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

When I click on the Library list and go to properties it says my connection is not private. And my filter string is *LIBL. All I know is that this gives me my standard library list when I start up, and actually I have it set up to load my src lib and my object lib on top of the user portion of the library list automatically....

I've never really delved into the inner workings of filters, I just know how to manipulate my libl.
            Your future President
            Bryce

Comment

I had a different owner assigned to that library. Once I changed it, I was able to move it wherever. Thanks guys.

Comment

if you mean this Library List in the image posted..that is a filter. also you can set your lib list like you mentioned previously. you can create filters by library easily...just click on the plus sign beside Work with libraries and it will prompt you to set up the filter.
                Attached Files
                I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Working...
                X