Clunky :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunky :(

We have a service program which is a bit of a monster and every once in a while I forget that I shouldn't hit the refresh button in the outline section for this program.

Once you do it's curtains. It doesn't matter if you press the cancel button. I now have the source member locked out to an unresponsive application.

Why is everything surrounding RPG so @#%@#%@#%@#% clunky!
    Ben

Re: Clunky

The Plug-In Development refresh often took 2 hours to refresh (when connected to our test box).

If I remember correctly, either the
    Preferences--> Remote systems --> iSeries --> tick "Disable Caching"
    or the
    Preferences--> Remote systems --> File cache --> untick "Maximum Cache Size",
    sorted that out. You could also try clearing the cache from there.

After this, the refresh took just a few seconds.
    Regards

Kit
    http://www.ecofitonline.com
    DeskfIT - ChangefIT - XrefIT

Comment

Re: Clunky

Turning off caching seems to have drastically slowed down opening up source members. I guess it would solve one of my other pet peeves though. Currently if I convert an RPGLE program to SQLRPGLE WSDC gets it's knickers in a twist and tells me all the SQL syntax is invalid. To get round it I usually have to try and locate and delete the cached file.

It's still a more productive editor than SEU but oh what I wouldn't give for a proper IDE like you can get for virtually every other language/platform out there.
      Ben

Comment

Working...
      X