Setting up Library List in RDI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Library List in RDI

I am very new to using RDI. I have a connection set up, and within that connection I have my libraries set up (as I would with green screen emulation).

When I go to compile a program it says that my file doesn't exists and quits. When I go into the green screen emulator, I compile and it tells me everything is ok.

Is there a reference I can goto on how to make sure my libs are set up properly in RDI? Sometime I come into RDI and the libs are the same as when I had set them up before, but occasionally they revert back to the core set.

Thanks for the help.

-Adein

Re: Setting up Library List in RDI

Under Objects in your connection, there should be a node for Library List. Expand that and make sure your library list is what you expect it to be.

FWIW, I use an initial command on my connection that sets my library list. Connection; Properties; subsystems. Initial command.

Comment

Re: Setting up Library List in RDI

Specifying initial libraries and commands

In the Remote System Explorer, you can specify libraries to be added to the initial library list, specify the current library at connect time, and specify to run a command every time you connect.

To specify libraries or commands:
      1. In the Remote Systems view, expand your connection name.
      2. Right-click Objects, and select Properties.
      3. Click Initial Library List and customize the properties. See the related reference link for information about how to customize the properties.

Note: When you make changes using the Properties dialog box for a subsystem, you need to disconnect and reconnect to your IBM® i server for your changes to take effect. Right-click one of the subsystems, such as Objects, and select Disconnect, then select Connect.
      "Time passes, but sometimes it beats the <crap> out of you as it goes."

Comment

Working...
      X