Run SQL Scripts JDBC settings not retained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run SQL Scripts JDBC settings not retained

I don't know where to look for this, any ideas?

I use the iSeries Nav Run SQL Scripts quite considerably. Suddenly I find that my jdbc settings are not being kept, specifically the Naming convention which keeps defaulting back to SQL even though I set it to SYS. This used to persist if I closed the script window, iSeries Nav, even rebooted my pc. Suddenly the process of using .sql script files i've used hundreds of times before is making me have to go and change this setting.

I've fiddled about, tried other settings which also are not saved. I've looked for a file on the pc which may hold the values, to no avail. I've googled till i'm blue in the face. Where o where are these settings saved?

Couple of bits of info. I believe this happened since a reinstall of iSeries Navigator (IBM iSeries Access for Windows V5R4M0). The install was done under a different user account on the pc. I'm not allowed any such privileges to do installs heaven forbid, so could it be user rights? My colleague complained of the same problem but his has never saved and I used to be smug that mine did. I don't believe the settings are saved against the script files as these are really plain text files with a .sql extension right?
    the smoking gnu

Re: Run SQL Scripts JDBC settings not retained

Hi Chris:

I think this is it......In navigator:
    1. run scripts
    2. connection
    3. JDBC settings
    4. format

Really Chris....it's so intuitive I don't know why you didn't see it

Best of Luck
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by GLS400 View Post
      Hi Chris:

I think this is it......In navigator:
      1. run scripts
      2. connection
      3. JDBC settings
      4. format

Really Chris....it's so intuitive I don't know why you didn't see it

Best of Luck
      GLS
      I know where it is mate, I don't know why it won't save. It used to keep what I last selected, but now it changes with every new session.
      the smoking gnu

Comment

Anyone know? I'm wondering if it could be a registry entry.. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\QDSN_machinename:Naming
        but i'm not 100% sure. I need my friendly network guy to come back off holiday to try it out. It's really bugging me now.
        the smoking gnu

Comment

Working...
        X