AS400-IBM Client Access -V6R1-language support problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AS400-IBM Client Access -V6R1-language support problem

i'm new here. i would like ask how to make IBM Client Access -V6R1 (windows version)to be able to display/show korean character. currently what i can see is weird weird symbols, not able to see the actual korean character. can anyone please help? URGENT

Re: AS400-IBM Client Access -V6R1-language support problem

when i choose the host code-page from the client's access it gave me error message "the host code-page specified in your workstation profile is not valid for your windows installation"

Comment

couldn't find much:

check to see language installed on ibmi
      5769-FN1
      AFP DBCS Fonts - Korean

primary/secondary language codes:
      2986 5686 Korean Double-Byte Character Set (DBCS)

Values:
      K Install the Korean version of PC5250 Display and Print Emulator.
      P Install the Simplified Chinese version of PC5250 Display and Print Emulator.
      S Install the Standard version of PC5250 Display and Print Emulator.
      T Install the Traditional Chinese version of PC5250 Display and Print Emulator.
      Example
      To install the Korean version of PC5250 enter setup /vCWBPC5250VERSION=K
      Additional Notes:
      1. If PC5250 is installed and you are doing a maintenance install, this property is ignored. To
      install a different version, remove the current version of PC5250 and then restart the
      maintenance install using this property.
      2. If PC5250 is installed and you are upgrading to a new release, this property is ignored. To
      install a different version, remove the current version of PC5250 and then start a maintenance
      install using this property.
      3. By setting this property, the PC5250 Display and Print Emulator feature will be preselected to
      be installed even if you do not pass the feature name to ADDLOCAL.
      I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick @#%@#%@#%.....and I'm all outta bubble gum !
      Yes I'm talking to you squirrel nuts.

Comment

sorry, as i'm new to as 400, don't know much about how to do it.
        how to check the language installed on ibmi (what is the command)?

for the primary/secondary language codes, is it need to configure it in ibm i-server ?

did u try to display in korean character ?

Originally posted by as400Pro View Post
        couldn't find much:

check to see language installed on ibmi
        5769-FN1
        AFP DBCS Fonts - Korean

primary/secondary language codes:
        2986 5686 Korean Double-Byte Character Set (DBCS)

Comment

Originally posted by 400user View Post
          sorry, as i'm new to as 400, don't know much about how to do it.
          how to check the language installed on ibmi (what is the command)?

for the primary/secondary language codes, is it need to configure it in ibm i-server ?

did u try to display in korean character ?
          5769FN1 refers to a licensed program. The easiest way to see what's installed is the command "GO LICPGM".
          From there, option 10 is "Display Installed Licensed Programs".
          The installed program codes (like 5769FN1) should be listed on the far left with a 'installed' status of either *installed or *compatible.
          If you don't see the code your looking for, the licensed program isn't installed.

But above is only informational (so you know where to go for installed licensed programs in the future, where you really need to be for language support is):

Primary and Secondary language codes can be found through the same menu. Option 20 "Display Installed Secondary Languages" is where you need to be. This screen shows pretty much everything you need to know as far as what languages your 400 is set up to handle.

If you don't have it, you'll need to call IBM or a rep and buy the language pack, IIRC they're not free (but it's been a while, I could be wrong).

Hope that helps (and teaches you a little)

Andy

Comment

Working...
          X