CLient Access file transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLient Access file transfer

I have an Excel 2010 .xlsx format file that I need to transfer using CA File Transfer. I can't seem to get it to work for some reason. Can someone help guide me. FTP is not an option because of security restrictions where I work as a contractor and converting it to .CSV is not an option either as some cells contain large numbers that .csv doesn't like

Re: CLient Access file transfer

1. Try converting it to tab delimited. I cant see why you would have problems with large numbers in a CSV unless your including commas in your numbers or data.

2. In CA transfer are you checking convert 65535 CCSID?

Why do people keep on insisting on using CSV? It is one of the worst formats to use for data transfers?

Comment

I like pipes '|'.

Comment

Have you tried following the wizard or did you just input the information on the data transfer screen?

Click image for larger version

Name:	wizard.png
Views:	1
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	126718

Then choose BIFF8 when you get to the PC file type.

Comment

Originally posted by DAG0000 View Post
          Why do people keep on insisting on using CSV?
          Because it is simple and it's usually good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by danlong005 View Post
            Have you tried following the wizard or did you just input the information on the data transfer screen?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2655[/ATTACH]

Then choose BIFF8 when you get to the PC file type.
            Whenever I specify BIFF8 and press the button to create a file it walks me thru a wizard and then when I do the SCAN, I get a window that says Incorrect Function (no explanation). I've looked at my spreadsheet and there is nothing unusual about the data. I've tried both system determines CCSID and CCSID = 65535 to no aval

Comment

Linkage...https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docv...d=nas8N1019202

Hope this helps.

Comment

The XLSX format (that became the new default with Office 2007 and up) is not BIFF8. BIFF8 is the older XLS format.

I have never used the CA file transfer program... but, does it support both XLS and xlSX? I'm guessing from the symptoms described here that it only supports the older format.

I don't understand why CSV would have trouble with larger numbers?!?! That doesn't make any sense at all.

Comment

the old windows based Client Access / iSeries Access doesn't support .xlsx files

either have the file supplied to you in the older .xls format or upgrade to & use IBM i Access Client Solutions (the new Java based solution for all platforms). It supports .xlsx directly. see http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/...solutions.html

Comment

Working...
                  X