DRV Technologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRV Technologies

We have had them for a while and their product works OK but we have had lots of issues with it. We are looking at printing our own micr coded checks and they have the ability to do it I am just not sure I trust the software. Just wondering if anyone else is using them and what your experience has been like.

Re: DRV Technologies

What product are you talking about? We use their spoolflex and it has worked quite well for us and their tech support has been good.

Comment

We use both spoolflex and formflex. How long have you had it?

Comment

We've had spoolflex for quite sometime - 8-10 years I'd guess.

Comment

For forms we use iDocs from Inform Decisions - http://www.informdecisions.com/ - we print invoices, purchase orders, A/P and Payroll checks. It's a little more pricey than DRV but they do more as well. I like to have control of forms design as well.

Comment

I was considering pushing a different package moving forward, one with document management capabilities. So far I know RVI, RJS, and now iDocs would be in the running. We just have quite a bit invested with DRV so it will be a hard sell.

Comment

Quandrant and another one I can't think of at the moment I suppose could be in the running... I checked all but RVI quite in depth several years ago. RJS was pretty cool but the toolset was relatively complicated. Since after the forms are created we wouldn't touch them again for several months I was afraid there'd be a learning curve each time.... and the performance for individual items such as PO's was horrible though I suspect that has since been improved. Checks and forms that are larger such as monthly A/R statements it was fine as once they started generating the performance was fine. Quandrant has a really nice workflow process but graphics sucked big time. The other one that I can't think of at the time use the same toolset (which would indicate a common history) but graphics were far far far far worse than Quandrant. To me it became a tough choice between RJS and iDocs... I landed with iDocs.

Comment

I have used RVI for 3 years to capture all sorts of documents. The APIs are easy, the retrieval is simple (web and green).
                Hunting down the future ms. Ex DeadManWalks. *certain restrictions apply

Comment

RVI looks pretty interesting - I didn't know about that product at the time I was researching the possibilities. We used to use Createform - but they were bought out by Bottomline and they dropped the product.

Comment

I didn't know about RVI, RJS etc when we bought DRV and have been kicking myself for a while.

Comment

We've had SpoolFlex for a few years now. The only thing I personally use it for is turning *USERASCII spooled files into PDF's. Everything else it does, I prefer other (IMO superior) tools. The other devs in the shop seem to really like it. Overall, it seems fairly solid to me, although some of the interfaces seem kind of clunky.

Comment

Thought I would follow up with my findings. The only company that does all we want is RJS, RVI does not do check printing, and iDocs does not do document workflow (though they say it is in development) and their spool file handling seemed pretty bare bones. All were priced pretty similar.

And as we were doing these demos one of the DRV processes stopped in the middle of our invoice run, the message it gave was about not being able to create a directory but in the end it was because there was a bad email address in the system. First the message not being correct is pretty bad, second who stops a process just because of a bad email address, and third when their support tells me not to update quite yet because the release is only a couple of weeks old and might still have kinks in it that is all a sign to move on.

Maybe it is just us though.

Comment

You may also want to check out FormSprint - we've used them for years. Their product is rock solid, and they do checks, bar codes, etc. Great support. Not sure about document workflow.

Cheers,

Emmanuel

Comment

same here and ICS has the best customer support for any vendor i have had to deal with. it's very flexible you can check them out at http://www.formsprint.com/
                            Originally posted by EmmanuelW1 View Post
                            You may also want to check out FormSprint - we've used them for years. Their product is rock solid, and they do checks, bar codes, etc. Great support. Not sure about document workflow.

Cheers,

Emmanuel
                            I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

I haven't seen Acom mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X