As400 Iseries Macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As400 Iseries Macro

Hi, I am new at the forum, I hope that I dont do a repost although I did dig up the forums looking for this request.

To begin, I am not a progammer, so I dont know to much about the languages. I am an user to get information and do commands already programmed.

Today I saw a co worker do some tasks like if he was input them, but the macro was doing it automatically. He told me he used a macro in a .mac file which he typed in excel (which he is not sharing) .

I was wondering how can I be able to tell Iseries to do what he was doing in as400 database?

Thanks in Advance.

ElCaste.

Hey ElCaste, if you work with PC5250 and Iseries Access for Windows you can take a look here http://www.itjungle.com/fhg/fhg102010-story03.html , also with ACS you can record and play your macros ...

---
    Roberto De Pedrini

Comment

I would stick to recording and playing the macros until you understand them a little better. The interface to connect excel to the 5250 screen macro wise is a little more complicated, and if you have no or little programming experience has capability for things to go wrong at a very fast rate.
      Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Working...
      X