Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MENUi - AS400 Custom Menu System

Check out www.foursquares.ca

Version 2.0 now comes pre-activated until June 30th, 2010. You can download,install, and try with no interactaction from foursquares.

Download and try a file driven menu system. The tool allows administrators to control virtually every aspect of a users menu. Menu options are defined once, then added to different menus.

Trial is free. To buy is dirt cheap. Email info@foursquares.ca for more info or to answer any of your questions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Bobby; March 1, 2010, 07:10 PM.

Re: MENUi - AS400 Custom Menu System

okay I noticed there was no link back to code400 on your site...
    but I went ahead and approved the post....sheeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz!

welcome
    jamie
    All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
    and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

i wrote my own...darn if this had only come out like....10 years ago i'd be all over it!!!
      I'm not anti-social, I just don't like people -Tommy Holden

Comment

Thanks jamief. I have a like to code400 on my site. I do appreciate the post. And i'm like everybody else..an-RPGer at heart.

Comment

i wrote my own...darn if this had only come out like....10 years ago i'd be all over it!!!
          At our company we had faced the following problem that almost everyone had a custom build menu.
          So when one person talks about using prog. number x on their menu, it was not allways the same program on the others users menu.

Confusion all around !

It's nice to see something like MENUi.

I wrote my own too, in just three days. And it can do much the same like MENUi.

Bobby, may I suggest your company build a small new tool, based on: http://www.xdocs400.com/spip.php?art...che=generateur

That would be WINDi ?

Comment

Thanks for the input. I will take a look. I also plan on adding email notifications when specified menu options are taken....maybe an admin is out and would like to know on their BB, and global upadates where there will be one manangement menu system and it can pull or sync menu on other system i's with that menu. That way a user can update all their menu systems from one place regardless of the as400 system they are on.

I have a lot of enhancements I would like to do, but it will come in time.

As always I appreciate your input, advice, and wisdom.

When I first decided to write this tool, it was because the company I was working at had CL and RPG programs with all the calls. When a change needed to be made, or an option on one menu was different from the same option on a different menu, it because a pain in the butt. Then if a user had a display open, I couldn't compile the program after the change. Now Those things are no longer an issue when using the MENUi menuing system.

Thanks guys.

Bobby.
            Last edited by Bobby; April 17, 2009, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Version 2.0 is out. It's pre-activated until June 30th, 2010. Download at www.foursquares.ca. You can now group users and assign authorities and menus based on groups. The next update will make email notification available if an option is taken.

--Bobby.

Comment

Version 3 of MENUi is now available. WIth it you get mutliple user groups, environments, library lists, group jobs, and user defined help for options. Visit www.foursquares.ca for more information.

Remember, if you need specific mods made to suit your needs, those can usually be accomidated. And the topper, is that you can purchase the source code.

--Bobby.

Comment

Working...
                X