Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: wrkdbf

Hi

I'v been using WRKDBF for a couple of years now, and am saddened to see that it has been discontinued. Having just switched jobs I am keen to download it. Does anyone know where I can get a copy from.

Thanks

GM

Comment

Originally posted by graememackinnon View Post
      Hi

I'v been using WRKDBF for a couple of years now, and am saddened to see that it has been discontinued. Having just switched jobs I am keen to download it. Does anyone know where I can get a copy from.

Thanks

GM
      Check Jamies post immediately before yours

Comment

I have the complete 10.10.03 version that works on V5R2 and on up to V5R4 available in a folder. The executables, install instructions, manuals, ... no licensing. Just install and go. mmayer625@yahoo.com.

Comment

Were on V6R3 and the release doesn't seem to work. On well, the company I work for has DBU 90 so I can use that and STRSQL. Let me know if they get it working with OS above V6.

David C

Comment

I just read that Bill Reger, the developer of WRKDBF, has come out with a V6 version. He retired WRKDBF after the 10.10.03 version. There is now a V11 for V6 available. Do a search inside Code400 Tips on WRKDBF ... you'll find it.

Comment

I wouldnt even mess with that old green screen monster......
              get gui version from Giovanni!
              It's free and works smartly!
              http://www.easy400.net/www.easy400.net/easy400p/main.pgm?lng=en&xmain=6

All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
              and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Their website is a little confusing. Can you send me the *.zip file.

Thanks,

David C

Comment

www.code400.com

Comment

When I run RUNWRKDBF it brings up my browser and tries to open 192.168.0.2:8015. I went into the CGIWRKDBF/DNS and put in my IP address and port number and ran the command again but it doesn’t pick up my IP address and port.

Any advice, other than talk with an Apache person.

Thanks,

David C

Comment

Just join Giovanni's yahoo group -- he will help you.

THis runs on the apache server so there are some tweaks....

www.code400.com

Comment

Jamie, Could you give me a call. I would really like to get wrkdbf working with my system i.

Thanks,

David C

Comment

David,

I will try sometime today, but I am buried with a gigantic project and only have a couple weeks to finish it up.
                          Its already following me home... It actually jumped outta the soap dish in the shower this morning!

I really think that contacting Giovanni is the right way to go.

you could install the WRKDBF paid version for 30 days.. but for what he is asking in price
                          it would be much better to purchase DBU as it is a much more robust tool.

thanks
                          jamie

www.code400.com

Comment

Sure, we already have DBU 9.0 but like wrkdbf with the sql functionality. If your too busy I understand.

Thanks,

David C.

Comment

wrkdbf is a great free alternative to prodata's DBU. I usually load wrkdbf to client's machines that don't have it or DBU. Makes things alot easier than seeing some of my colleuges still using DFU to change files. But I still prefer DBU.

Have a good day
                              Bill
                              "A good friend will bail you out of jail,
                              A true friend would be sitting beside you saying,
                              'Wow, that was fun.'"

Comment

(WRKDBF) == >He charges over $400 after 30 days.....
                                I can get DBU for my "SANDBOX" system for less than that and it is 100x more robust.

DBU has SQL functions as well as journal functions..
                                what exactly are you missing from DBU????

jamie

www.code400.com

Comment

Working...
                                X