Starting a debug for an active job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a debug for an active job

I have a long running monitor job that monitors database purges. This job stops a purge job when CPU % is at high threshhold and restarts purge at low threshold. It does the same whenever our nightly backup is running. But over time the control flags get confused. I need to somehow get the monitor job (program) into debug to see what values are in the flags when it get confused. Can anyone help me with the procedure for getting an active batch program into debug after it has been started?
    Last edited by bigbeargc; June 2, 2009, 08:26 AM.

Re: Starting a debug for an active job

Hi bigbeargc:

How about just writeing your flags / conditions to the job log:

Just a thought

Best of Luck
    GLS
    The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Start a service job for the job name / user name / number of the purge job running:

STRSRVJOB

Then STRDBG for the program name.
      Michael Catalani
      IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
      Acceptance Insurance Corporation
      www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
      www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Thanks GLS for the quick reply. That is not a bad suggestion. When I originally posted this morning the program was running. I had finally found prior posts on starting a debug on active batch in the forum...by the way this is a great forum. What I decided to do though was since I was already using very small data areas for 3 fields (drop dead time, cpu stop %, & cpu start %) I changed the monitor program to also use data areas for the two control flags. Again thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
        X