Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• source display from a specified line

Hello
    i want to display a source member from a speicfied line.

How can i acheive that? This i want it through program (when i do a STRSEU through a program)

Thanks in advance
    Raney

Re: source display from a specified line

If I understand the question correctly, you want a certain line to be at the top of the screen. Go to the desired line and overwrite the first character of the sequence number then press enter. Example:

If you want 0003 to be at the top, type a 0 over the first 0 on the seq# and press enter.

If the line# is off the screen and you know the seq#, you can simply type the entire seq# and position it that way.

HTH
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/chippermiller

Comment

Hi raneymjohn:

Another method is to Change your session defaults (F13 while in SEU).

Under the heading Amount to roll.....use "C".
      With that setting when you page up or down the line your cursor is on will be the top line after the roll.

Best of Luck
      GLS
      The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity.....Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Just in case your asking if you can Open the source and jump straight to a specific line of code using good old SEU then answer is no - not using STRSEU anyway.

But you could use FNDSTRPDM to open it if you knew the codewords you were looking for....

FNDSTRPDM STRING('CHAIN something')
        FILE(LIBNAME/QRPGSRC)
        MBR(SOURCEMBR)
        OPTION(*DSPD)
        predictably positive, permanently punctilious, purposely proactive, potentially priceless, primarily professional : projex

Comment

Working...
        X