Read spool to see the status of job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read spool to see the status of job

I need to check the spool file generated by one of the job schedule. No source code available for the programs which runs under this job schedule. But i know the spool file name, job name, OUTQ name where it goes. How do i read only the spool file generated by this job?

P.S: There are number of job schedules which are running and all of them have a similar spool file name, User Data & Outq. I want to read only one of the spool file related to one job schedule.

Re: Read spool to see the status of job

You would need to know the job name, job number and job user along with the details of the spool file to be certain that you are selecting the correct spool file.

Do you have this information available?

If you do you can do a

WRKJOB 000000/USERNAME/JOBNAME

Then option 04 for spool files and go from there.

Comment

I think my initial post was not good enough. I have a job schedule that runs and generates 2 spool files.

When i do a WRKJOB and give the job name with option as *SPLF, i get 2 spool files (i don't need to read the QPJOBLOG) and need the other one. I would like to copy the contents of that spool file to a PF. How do i point to that particular spool file using a CL program so that i could copy the ocntents to a PF?
      Last edited by Jai82; November 3, 2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Have you tried to use the CL-Command CPYSPLF?
        CL Command CPYSPLF - Copy Spooled File

You have all information (Spoolfile Name, Qualified Job, Spool file No, just take *LAST) you need to execute this command.

Birgitta

Comment

this can read an outqueue.

you can also attach dataq's to an outqueue. this will return all the parms
          you are looking for..and then have a NEP (never ending program) reading the
          dataq to put the spooled file on hold and copy then release.

It would be much easier to rewrite the existing program
          All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
          and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Run WRKJOBSCDE and put an 8 beside the entry you want to see. This will do a DSPJOB on the last submission.
            Denny

If authority was mass, stupidity would be gravity.

Comment

Working...
            X