Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBMJOB Working procedure.

Hi all,
    i have a CL program C1 which internally have a CALL to an RPG program R1 which reads a file F1 and writes to file F2. My CL program C1 also using SBMJOB command to CALL another CL program C2 which was designed such a way that it will submit 5 jobs(with all the neccesary information given). C2 also have a call to RPG program R1. I have created the necessary objects in My Qtemp as well as My Test environment Library T1 and my library list contains Qtemp in the top most position of the list. When i submit C1 using SUBMIT JOB command like this...

CALL PGM(QTemp/C1).

JOB NAME : C1
    JOB DESC: ***
    ---------------
    then after execution of the JOB it is writing data only into the file F2 in T1 library but not to the file in QTemp.

Can any one explain me why it does so?.. Thanks!

Re: SBMJOB Working procedure.

The batch job and the interactive job have different QTEMP libraries, when the batch job completes then the QTEMP library it was using will be deleted.

If you're using batch jobs then move away from the QTEMP lib.
    Greg Craill: "Life's hard - Get a helmet !!"

Comment

Re: SBMJOB Working procedure.

Originally posted by KrishnaAS400
      When i submit C1 using SUBMIT JOB command like this...

CALL PGM(QTemp/C1)...
      You can't use a command like that as the SBMJOB CMD() parm. When the submitted job starts, QTEMP will be empty, and the job will be unable to find a program named "C1" in QTEMP.
      Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Working...
      X