Missing Overlay within my PDF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Overlay within my PDF

Created a PDF file with an overlay(Company Logo) and everything seems to be working fine. except, i lose the overlay after the first page within the PDF. Does anyone know why this happens. Thanks for your input, Pablo.

Re: Missing Overlay within my PDF

How are you creating the PDF? I have some using a OVRPRTF specifying the FRONTOVL and the overlay shows on every page. In order to help we need to know how you are doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott M View Post
      How are you creating the PDF? I have some using a OVRPRTF specifying the FRONTOVL and the overlay shows on every page. In order to help we need to know how you are doing this.
      Scott,

i'm streaming the file to the IFS within my override(TOSTMF)

OVRPRTF FILE(PDF132PRTF) PAGESIZE(*N 102) CPI(12) +
      FRONTOVL(PWGLOGO) OUTQ(QPRINT) SAVE(*YES) +
      OUTPTY(3) +
      TOSTMF('/QDLS/DEMAIL/POCONF.PDF') +
      WSCST(*PDF) SECURE(*YES)

Thanks for taking the time and looking at my problem.

Comment

Scott,

i'm streaming the file to the IFS within my override(TOSTMF)

OVRPRTF FILE(PDF132PRTF) PAGESIZE(*N 102) CPI(12) +
        FRONTOVL(PWGLOGO) OUTQ(QPRINT) SAVE(*YES) +
        OUTPTY(3) +
        TOSTMF('/QDLS/DEMAIL/POCONF.PDF') +
        WSCST(*PDF) SECURE(*YES)

Thanks for taking the time and looking at my problem.

Comment

The only thing different in my OVRPRTF is I specify DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) - I thought this was required, and I don't specify an OUTQ which probably doesn't matter. I also have a different page size and don't specify a CPI - my report is only 85 columns wide and yours is wider. I would try adding the DEVTYPE and see if that affects it.

Comment

Scott,

Modified the override print file command, still getting same result. 1st page shows my overlay(Company logo) but every page after that the logo disappears. I guess, back to the drawing board. Thanks again for your input, Pablo.

OVRPRTF FILE(PDF132PRTF) DEVTYPE(*AFPDS)
            FRONTOVL(PWGLOGO)
            TOSTMF('/QDLS/DEMAIL/POCONF.PDF')
            WSCST(*PDF)

Comment

I don't believe this will work for what you want to do. It's been a while since I worked on overlays but from what I can remember for what you want to do your are going to want to create a PRINTER (PRTF) file and from within the printer file there is a command to specify the name of the overlay. Then within your print program you would tell it when to print the overlay.

You could also call IBM - make sure you specify that you need assistance with OVERLAYS in a printer file. Otherwise your call will get directed to those that work with printers. Been there ... made the mistake ... wasted an additional day or two until I got the help that I needed. Learned stuff from them that I had no idea you could do and wich I had known about it sooner ... would have made life so much easier.

Wish I could be of more help but I don't have any of that information handy here at work and I have no idea where I have it at home. I will look for it and if I find it I will post what I have.

Comment

NYCountryGal, You can do it with the method you mention but I do have it working using OVRPRTF so it can be done this way also.

Valdivia, the only other thing that I can think of is that it is related to page size. My spool file is only 85 columns wide and fits on an 8.5x11.5 sheet in portrait. Maybe make a test case with a smaller spool file.

Comment

Thanks Scott,

The process is working fine except that i lose the overlay(Company Logo) after the 1st page within the pdf. I'm taking NYCountryGal advice and calling IBM maybe i'm missing a PTF or something. I will keep you posted on the outcome. Thanks again for all your input, Pablo.

Comment

I specify DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) - I thought this was required
                    Yes, it is required. However, it doesn't have to be given on the OVRPRTF... the underlying PRTF object may have been created with CRTPRTF DEVTYPE(*AFPDS) or changed with CHGPRTF, etc. As long as the resulting type is *AFPDS it doesn't matter where it's specified.

Comment

Thanks too all, Its seems that our AS400 was missing a PTF or two. Our It dept upgraded our system over the weekend and my problem has been fixed. Thanks again, Pablo!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X