Remote work in AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remote work in AS400

Just had a customer ordering a "new i5"... i sold them an Power6 box... so naming is one of the biggest issues in our business. Internally we work at "AS/400", externally we got used to call it "IBM Power servers (running IBM i for business)" - to get customers confused. In the end, the one who knows what they want know what we talk about. All others think its an outdated system and migrate to Windows.

Jamie, keep code400.com as icode.com or powercode.com is already given. We should stop that discussion about naming and go back to discuss remote working. We have a lot of customers remotely working and programming. Even "virtual software companies" with workers in several countrys and a hosted IBM i. I think this is part of the future.

-h

Comment

I will and agree this is the future...

For all those who do care about names --- just point your browser to http://www.IBMiLive.com

JAmie
      All my answers were extracted from the "Big Dummy's Guide to the As400"
      and I take no responsibility for any of them.

www.code400.com

Comment

Originally posted by holgerscherer View Post
        Just had a customer ordering a "new i5"... i sold them an Power6 box... so naming is one of the biggest issues in our business. Internally we work at "AS/400", externally we got used to call it "IBM Power servers (running IBM i for business)" - to get customers confused. In the end, the one who knows what they want know what we talk about. All others think its an outdated system and migrate to Windows.

Jamie, keep code400.com as icode.com or powercode.com is already given. We should stop that discussion about naming and go back to discuss remote working. We have a lot of customers remotely working and programming. Even "virtual software companies" with workers in several countrys and a hosted IBM i. I think this is part of the future.

-h
        Which, ironically, is an operating system name that's about 2 years older than the name "AS/400."
        Michael Catalani
        IS Director, eCommerce & Web Development
        Acceptance Insurance Corporation
        www.AcceptanceInsurance.com
        www.ProvatoSys.com

Comment

Working...
        X