Starting a 5250 session with automatic logon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a 5250 session with automatic logon

I have a handful of machines (about 6) that need the green screen to logon automatically using the Windows name / password. These are single purpose machines that have limited access except to the applications I need.
    With Windows 10, the "Shared credentials" doesn't work consistently. In trying to get this to work. System is V7.3 and I tried using both 32 and 64 bit versions of java and ACS.

One option I tried is just launching the acslaunch with the proper parameters.
    Code:
    acslaunch_win-32.exe /plugin=logon /SYSTEM=RCH720A /userid=johndoe
    /PASSWORD=havingfun
    Nope. No errors, but never launches. Removed 32 bit, tried again with java 64 but get error "Error loading Java module".

OK, so then I try the _netrc method. Seems I am missing one step - Check the box: Read netrc file for login information Well my version of ACS does not have this option under Edit->General. So this does not work either. I download the newest version I could find -- it still doesn't show up.

Anyone got a suggestion here? Or, got it working? Or another method. I don't want the factory workers using this to need a password entry.

Sounds like Single Sign-on configuration is needed. The procedure is quite long winded, over here https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/668073
    I don't know if there are other ways, but this way would surely work.

Comment

I know this is an old post, but depending on how secure you want the user name and passwords of those 6 computers, you can use ACS to create a sign on macro and add it to the toolbar with some kind of icon. The passwords would be stored in plaintext in the .HOD (or whatever the macro file is called) on the pc, but it may not matter if the profiles are limited.
      we are considering this for our shop users.

Comment

I use a login in macro. My version of ACS encrypts the password in the locally saved file. I found that out when I thought I could edit the file after changing password, but needed to delete & re-record the macro.

Login isn't automatic as the OP's looking for. I have to select & run it.

Comment

Working...
        X