X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on SPYVIEW/ Docmanager

Hi All,

We have Current OS is OS/400 V6R1M1 and we know that SPYVIEW/Docmanager is installed in the server and we dont know which version of SPYVIEW/DOCManager.

Is there any way/command/process to know the current version of SPYVIEW/Docmanager?

We are planning to upgrade the OS from V6R1M1 to 7.2

Appreciate your quick help.

Regards
    Kathi

Have you tried checking their website?

Comment

From the command line, you should be able to type STRSPY. This should give you the main menu, and in the top right corner, it should give you the Release number, such as 9.0 or whatever.

You can do WRKOBJ OBJ(*ALL/STRSPY) OBJTYPE(*CMD) to find where the command exists on your system if it's not found in your library list. It's probably in library SPYVIEW and/or SPYCMD.

p.s. We are currently on i7.2, but we've had it running for a long time back to several previous OS versions.

Comment

Originally posted by sekhar7791 View Post
        Is there any way/command/process to know the current version of SPYVIEW/Docmanager?
        According to the documentation, the DOCINFO command should tell you everything you need.
        Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Originally posted by tomliotta View Post

According to the documentation, the DOCINFO command should tell you everything you need.
          I don't even have a command on my system called DOCINFO. Maybe it's a different version than I have. But again, STRSPY gives me a menu with the version in the upper right corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
            I don't even have a command on my system called DOCINFO. Maybe it's a different version than I have. But again, STRSPY gives me a menu with the version in the upper right corner.
            You possibly should contact them, then, either to clarify a problem with their documentation or with the installation on your system. A documentation fix could help all customers. Or I suppose you might have a version older than their current documentation supports, perhaps that's even good for the OP.
            Tom

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?

Comment

Viking had it right - strspy - the version appears in upper right corner of the screen...

Comment

Thank you all for your help and support

Comment

Working...
                X