Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Steps Kerberos

Hi All,

I am researching Kerberos in the IBM midrange environment. I am a developer.

I have client server desktop application. Front end java(using JT400 api) and backend Rpgle(PCML). So the client is using a mixture JDBC Sql and backend rpgle program calls.

My current situation is I log onto my desktop(Windows Sign on) and then have to log onto my application via my IBM i user id and password again.

I need to do a "proof of concept" single sign on where user should be able to use windows signon to use my application.

Two stages:-
    ​​​​1) need to create a SSO TEST environment.
    2) makes my code changes and see if it works

Currently we a have a development IBM i that other developers use and I don't want to affect their work and signon.

I have read so much stuff about KDC and Windows Active Directory and EIM and confused.

I am not aloud near our production Windows Active directory config.

i) Do I need ask for a new System A(partition) and run a KDC server inside PASE and then configure EIM?
    ii) I am already a windows user and windows workstation , enable it to use Kerberos(via Client Access) , define "user pricipals" in KDC?
    ii) Add System "A" service principle to KDC?
    iv) Verify if I from my laptop that client access gets 5250 screen without a sign on.

Any help or Overview what I need to do would help. I am not asking for a detailed explanation.

Regards,

JemrugIBMi

Guys ,

I have managed to get a partition system , having problems starting iSeries web navigator . Once I get this working:-

can I just have do everything in EIM and my client access?

Will I still need Windows domain controller?

Regards,
    JemrugIBMi

Comment

Working...
    X